Monday, July 8, 2013

Fundations & Guided Reading Summer Reading


It has been a while! Summer is going great! Days playing with my Lil Diva, staying in sweats, browsing the net & enjoying time not thinking about or working on school stuff. Just kidding! Anyway I’m sure many are following along with the blog world and participating in  the popular summer reading of Guided Reading by Richardson. I being one of those people have decided to share some items I have created that are inspired by my summer reading. Anyway, if you are following along you know that the focus is currently on Chapter 3 focusing on Non-readers and Emergent Guided Reading. I was shocked about the significance of tracing letters for these early readers. I was also enlightened about the fact that these books and charts used should match that of the charts of letters in your class. So since our district uses Foundations, I decided to create some items inspired by this. First here is an alphabet chart. Found here!
 
 
*If you have downloaded this file and the pics for F & G were unclear; please click the link again.*
 It is fixed!
So when you click on the link and preview the pic for the letter G is funky.
 After you download and open the file; the picture is not distorted.
 Please let me know of any questions or concerns.

Also a checklist to use with your groups to determine who knows which letter; I have ordered them in the order in which we introduce letters using Foundations. (tip: print front/back for group)

And lastly; the letter tracing book. Who else giggles at the m, man, mmmm; during the daily chant?

I know I do! (insider to those who use the program)
 And who has gotten a "I, monkey, mmm"? (Again an insider!)
Please join my blog.
That’s all for tonight the lil one is whining for her midnight snack…
 
If you have no clue about the summer reading I am speaking of head over to
http://freebie-licious.blogspot.com/.
It will be worth the trip

No comments: