Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rewind to Easter, Fast Forward to Plants...

Here tonight sharing a modge podge of things.
First of all rewind to Easter. I realized I never shared these items. I really enjoy my frequent visits to the Dollar Store as do many other teachers. Around Easter I found these items and created activities to go along with them.
 
 chick containers= a dice addition activity
foam pieces= math story problems
bunny peg game= math activity (which is closer to 10)
candy: graphing and sorting activity
 
 
 
 We continue to work on subtraction practice, so I created this activity that I have posted about before. I create a picture and the kids will order the equation and record it. I print these which have the picture and pieces of the equation on the same page onto various colors of paper. This helps the students keep up with which pieces they are working with. My students really enjoy this and actually seem to grasp the order of equations when we do so.
 
 
We have started discussing plants. I have seen many activities like this on Pinterest and decided to create something similar for my students.
 
Here are some of the pieces and labels. We just cut and ripped paper for the stem, soil, and water.
 A black marker was used to draw the roots.
Grab it here: Parts of a Plant
 
 
 
Keeping with the theme of plants/flowers, I done the following activity with my students. We needed to practice using punctuation in our writing. So I created some sentences on flowers using only sight words so that everyone could read them. :-) Students were to match the sentence to the correct jar of flowers with the correct type of punctuation. As you see in the picture for this particular group I made it self correcting by having the colors match correctly.
Wanna try it too? Here you go!
 
I have also uploaded this activity to TPT for Earth Day!
Until next time...

No comments: