Wednesday, February 13, 2013

President Activiites & Abacus Math

So tonight I have 2 things to share:
I have posted my Washington and Lincoln Themed Activities on TPT. I was sure to align each with Common Core Standards. Go check it out!
 
 
In the mean time here is a USA themed math activity.
Ordering Liberty Bells By 10s to 100 (CCK.CC.1)
 
 
 
I also attended a math workshop within my school system where I shared the following idea:
 
An abacus to work on addition. It covers the following standard:
K.OA.3   Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each decomposition by a drawing or equation
Thought I would share it with my visitors!   Find the activity here:
 
 
That's all tonight. Happy Early Valentine's Day! Since it is the wee hour of the morning...

No comments: