Saturday, January 2, 2016

I'm back with iPad word work activities


Long time, no see.  I started this little blog a couple years ago in hopes to share ideas and activities from my personal classroom. I since have neglected my blog.  We purchased a new home, "Mini Me" has hit the "Terrible Toddler" stages keeping me BUSY, and I have embarked on a new adventure in my classroom of becoming a 1:1 iPad classroom in Kindergarten. Oh have I learned and grown over the past few years. So I decided to try my hand at this blog thing yet again.
 I am hopeful to gain some followers to interact with along the way.

Incorporating iPads into my instruction has been rewarding and challenging at the same time, especially with little learners. Let me explain that I teach ELA, Writing, and Social Studies to my littles while my partner teaches Math and Science. We both hold our own small reading groups.
Yes, you read this right, we switch classes in Kindergarten.
It too has been challenging and rewarding!

Today I would like to share with you a few ways I incorporated technology into my writing instruction and literacy stations.

The following activities require that you have a QR scanner on your device(s) that will be used for this activity.

iSpell is an activity I created to practice cvc words.
Students will scan a QR code. Look at the picture. Sound out the word. Write/trace the word onto the response sheet. Color the iPad image to match the iPad that was scanned. Short e, short I, short o, and short u will be coming soon. Anyone interested in a bundle?

Sight Word Theatre is an activity I created to practice sight words. My students LOVED watching a "movie" to practice their words. Students will receive an activity sheet and scan the QR code provided on the sheet. Students will then “watch the movie”. Students should be prompted to pause the movie after each word and find the corresponding word on their sheet to color to match the word that was just heard. There are 3 different movies.




Another activity I have created to practice sight words uses the app Doodle Buddy.
It is one of my favorite apps EVER!


Students will scan a QR code and practice the provided sight words by reading, tracing, writing, and then typing each word.


When your student write how many times do you say:
 " Did you finger space?"
"Did you use a capital?"
etc...
Well, I created this writing sheet so that your students can ask themselves the questions!
 After students complete their writing, they will use their QR scanner to scan each QR code checking if they have correctly formed sentences. Want to try it?
Well...it's a Freebie!








No comments: